Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Placenta accreta diagnosis at 20 weeks

  1. #21
    Inactive Member daniellems28's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2005
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you for responding so quickly, this board is usually slow going, but has good support and information. I have seen a few websites with the accretta information, but if you would like to post them to me, be my guest. You can never have too much knowledge/information. I have two little boys at home right now with my first girl on the way! I am not at all ready for a hysterectomy and don't think I ever will be. I am counting down the days until next Thursday when I can hopefully get a firm diagnosis of what we are dealing with here. I am just so nervous and anxious.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member mary jo's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2005
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Danielle,

    I can e-mail these to you if you like, but I need your e-mail. I saved these articles for the future in my fav. file.

    I wanted to clarify re: the hysterectomy I will be keeping my ovaries. I don't think I would be able to handle a full one.

    My oldest is a boy Ian, Olivia is almost 6 and Isabella is 4. Girls are a riot.

    Have a great weekend.

    Mary Jo

  3. #23
    HB Forum Owner coachjodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2004
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Mary Jo!

    Sounds like with your history and scar tissue that placenta accreta is definitly a possibility. Your doc seems to know what he is talking about and is prepared. Please keep us posted about your tests.

    I didn't have the diagnosis until I delivered. I can't imagine what it must be like for both you and Danielle as you go through this pregnancy. I will keep you all in my thoughts and pray for a safe and enjoyable pregnancy for you both.

    Jodi

  4. #24
    Inactive Member daniellems28's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2005
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Mary Jo and Jodi--I have two boys ages 3 and 20 months. My email is [email protected] if you want to email the information to me. I am very anxious for Thursday to hit, and thankful that my husband is going with me just in case it is the worst case scenario. I hope that your pregnancy goes well this time around and am very glad to hear that your doctors are taking every precaution!

  5. #25
    Inactive Member mary jo's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2005
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Danielle,
    I am sending you those articles mow. Please let me know what happens on Thursday. I will be thinking of you. I'm off to the Dr. now.
    Mary Jo

  6. #26
    Inactive Member daniellems28's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2005
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I got the articles, thank you for the information. They don't sound too promising, but then again, neither did the other information that I have. I will be asking my doctor a lot of questions on Thursday and hope to get the answers that I need! My husband still thinks that the risk is low for hysterectomy since they will be doing a c-section and not a ******l birth. I told him that it didn't really matter..the risk is still there! Good luck at your doctor's appointment, and I will update after mine on Thursday. Thanks for the advice and information again. It is appreciated!

  7. #27
    Inactive Member pmciufo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2004
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Danielle,

    I wanted to respond to your earlier posting about not knowing what is going on and that it is driving you insane. My 2nd preg was just like that! As soon as I became preg, dr ordered no s*x. I had a very low lying placenta so they believed I had previa and we didn't confirm the accreta until my MRI around 36weeks. I would definitely lay off on the exercise and unnecessary lifting. I had a couple bleedings due to the previa. Basically, any walking or sitting and of course lifting can set it off. When ever you can, lie on your left side. Takes the pressure off the cervix and allows for optimum blood flow to your baby.

    As far as your sanity...hang in there! It helped me to get answers to my questions at each dr appt so I left there feeling that everyone involved was doing everything possible. Then that leaves you with just your own thoughts to deal with BUT try to relax, think positive so you can pass those peaceful feelings to your baby. I know it is hard. I felt envious of anyone whose most dificult decision was whether or not to get pregnant and that was the end of their worries (so to speak), whereas with us, it was just the beginning of a very long 9 months.

    Let us know how your appt went today.

  8. #28
    Inactive Member mary jo's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2005
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    HI

    Thinking of you today. Please let me know what happend. If you want you can e-mail me directly.
    [email protected]

  9. #29
    Inactive Member daniellems28's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2005
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi!!!! Great News!! We went for another ultrasound after my appointment today, and I do not have placenta previa..so the doctor told me that the instance of me even having accreta is down to 1/2%, instead of 25% if I did have the previa. The greatest thing is that when she started the ultrasound, we saw my little girl's head and then her hand up by her hand giving us a thumbs up. The doctor was so taken aback by this that she printed it off and gave us a picture..it was like she was telling us everything was good. From then, she checked the placenta, and it was far away from the cervix and ran along the normal length!! That is great news for me and my family!! I am sooo happy that everything is okay with this pregnancy!! We set the date for delivery for May 02, 8 days prior to my due date for the repeat c-section...I can't wait until I meet my little girl! I would like to thank everyone here for the advice and support and encouragement, and wish everyone a happy and healthy baby and complication free delivery!! I will post when I have my little girl to let you all know how it went! Thank you very much!!

  10. #30
    Inactive Member mary jo's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2005
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am so happy for all of you. Good luck w/ everything.

    Mary Jo

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •